The Ross Group Inc. is a design build construction firm located in Portage, Indiana. With over 40 years of design-build experience, The Ross Group has established both a proven and successful track record for designing and completing development projects for commercial and light industrial clients. Using a seamless, integrated delivery model, we pride ourselves on listening to and evaluating our customer’s needs in order to help determine the most cost-effective solution. We achieve this by consistently adhering to our motto of “We listen…we educate…we build.” Along with our attentive, personalized approach, we are accomplished at transforming our clients’ visions into reality and facilitating every step of the construction process, while providing the highest level of craftsmanship, integrity andperformance.
OUR DESIGN BUILD SERVICES
As a Northwest Indiana and Chicagoland design build contractor, we have experience managing complex commercial and industrial projects of all sizes in a variety of markets, including the manufacturing, distribution, light industrial, retail, educational, recreational, and medical sectors. Our design build services bring together the client, designer, contractor, and sub-contractors to collaboratively focus on one common goal – delivering your project on time and on budget.
Among our extensive design build services are the following:
Fully Licensed, Bonded, and Insured Contractor
24-Hour Emergency Service
- Feasibility Studies
- Site Selection
- Code and Agency Review
- Master Planning for Efficient Land Usage
- Lifecycle Cost Analysis
- Critical Path & Fast-Track Scheduling
- Build Lease Options
- Tax Abatement Assistance
From defining the project scope to site selection to detailed drawings, including floor plans, elevations, interior finishes, and more, The Ross Group will communicate and advocate our client’s expectations throughout the design and construction process.
THE BENEFITS OF DESIGN BUILD CONSTRUCTION
Unlike the traditional construction method of Design-Bid-Build, in which separate contracts are issued for design, procurement, and construction, Design-Build is a streamlined project delivery model that combines architectural, engineering, and construction processes under one contract. Since a single party is responsible throughout every phase of the project, this building methodallows for more organization, accountability, flexibility, and communication. The owner has ongoing, direct input throughout the design process.
Among the many benefits of design-build construction are the following:
- Cost Savings: With early input and insight from the design builder, the client can expect:
- Guaranteed maximum price and time savings
- Fewer change orders and cost overruns
- Lower design fees
- Enhanced Communication: A cooperative and unified team approach ensures that every situation is optimized and any discrepancies are resolved immediately for the greatest value to the client.
- Faster Completion: Through this holistic approach, more realistic completion dates can be set due to the minimization of project delays and miscommunication.
- Higher Quality: An integrated team can focus on performance needs and innovative methods to deliver an optimal project outcome
- Single-Source Responsibility: Cost, schedule and performance are accountable to one source, under one roof.
This construction method is typically best-suited for projects that have clearly defined scopes of work and a need for fast-track scheduling. Also, the collaborative team structure eliminates unnecessary confusion, which heightens productivity and allows all parties to effectively agree on timetables. To learn more about the benefits of design build construction, click here.
As the design builder, The Ross Group is fully and solely responsible for each project. This commitment gives each of our clients the assurance of total accountability on the work they are having performed. If you would like more information about our design build services and how this model can be applied to your next project, give us a call and we’ll be happy to listen and discuss the options with you.